2020 ExCEL Conference Delivered Virtually!
We hope you are excited about your first fall semester as an Aggie. Our staff has been diligently preparing to welcome new Excellence uniting Culture Education and Leadership (ExCEL) members to our community. Of course this preparation has involved non-stop evaluation of the ever-changing conditions of COVID-19 and the safety of our membership. In light of current health conditions, the 33rd annual ExCEL Conference on Saturday, August 22nd will be a virtual experience. Although the ExCEL Conference has been a face to face staple at Texas A&M University for the past 33 years, we assure you our virtual delivery will continue its unparalleled legacy of freshman connection and community for the upcoming school year. This fall will bring a new experience for all of us, not just incoming freshmen, so it’s the perfect time to join ExCEL and find or add to your new Aggie family.
Given the transition to a virtual experience, please note the following updates:
- ExCEL Conference on Saturday, August 22nd will be virtual. Only registered members will receive access information
- Community connections will begin during Howdy Week, so join before August 5th
- Membership fee to join ExCEL has been updated to $15.00 for the academic year
- Students who have already become members will receive a partial refund of $25.00
- All ExCEL materials will still be provided prior to the ExCEL Conference. Members will receive information materials directly.
- Registration for our virtual conference closed August 21st at 12:00 p.m. If you would still like to become a member please email email@example.com
Of course this is not our preferred way to meet and bring you into our community, however even experiencing ExCEL virtually will still be the best decision you could make in your transition into Aggieland. Please let us know if you have questions by emailing us directly (ExCELCo.Directors@gmail.com) or contact Ivie Izekor & Megan Lockhart, Directors of Membership (ExCELCo.Memb@gmail.com).
We cannot wait to see you, welcome you to our family and connect you to our community!
Safely and Sincerely,
Ayana Salone ’20 & Autumn Woods ‘21