Welcome Class of 2017!
- Encouraging them through high school-to-college challenges
- Fostering a community where students can culturally identify
- Forging them into new relationships
- Informing students about various campus opportunities and services
- Building a support system through upper-class students
ExCEL implements a lasting relationship that helps students create a familiar atmosphere. We are the students home away from home.
The ExCEL orientation conference launches the complete ExCEL Program. This two-day celebration of culture, education and leadership is held the week before fall classes begin, to familiarize participants with the program and life at Texas A&M University. Participants are divided into “teams” led by two upper-class Texas A&M students called Team Leaders. The orientation consists of:
• Motivational Speakers addressing issues on student life and academics.
• Performances by student organizations and other social activities.
• Introductions to freshman peers and peer mentors (Team Leaders).
• Peer group discussions and Bonding facilitated by student leader volunteers.
•Meet and Greet Activities with faculty and staff across campus.
Following the orientation, a two-part developmental seminar series and social networking, relevant to the first-year student, begins and continues through the end of the fall semester. An Executive Staff of current students and elite peer mentors work all year to plan and carry-out the orientation and the semester-long activities. Students planning to participate in the ExCEL Program must register for the Orientation Conference.
Also, active participants in the organization are eligible to receive SCHOLARSHIPS!!!
Membership fee- $40, one time
For more information and questions about ExCEL
email us at email@example.com or call (979) 862-2642
|ExCEL Exec Staff Application.docx||90.47 KB|